The City of Normandy Park currently offers regular status employees the following benefits as part of their total compensation package. Some benefits are provided at no cost to the employee while others require employee contributions.
Benefit Package (for regular full-time employees, pro-rated for eligible part-time employees)
- 8 Hours Sick Leave per month
- 8-16 Hours Vacation Leave per month
- 12 Paid Holidays, includes 2 floating holidays
- Up to 3 Days Bereavement Leave upon death of an immediate family member
- Employer paid medical insurance (two options below)
- 95% Employer paid medical insurance for spouse/domestic partner and dependents
- Employer paid dental insurance for employee, spouse/domestic partner, and dependents (two options below)
- Retirement Plan – Public Employees Retirement System (PERS) with portions of contributions coming from employee as well as employer
- Employer contribution to HRA VEBA
- Employer paid long term disability
- Employer paid Employee Assistance Program (EAP) – Individual counseling for employee and family on various topics such as financial, legal, or mental health concerns for one to three sessions per incident per year at no cost to employee
- Optional employee sponsored deferred compensation fund
- Police Guild Only: Employer paid life insurance
Employees may choose either Kaiser Permanente 200 or Regence HealthFirst 250 medical coverage. Both plans are administered by the Association of Washington Cities (AWC).
Employees may choose either Washington Dental Service or Willamette Dental of Washington, also administered by AWC.
One of the things that make the City of Normandy Park a special place to work is that the employees care about each other. The City has a leave-share program which allows eligible employees to donate accrued sick leave to assist each other when another employee or family member has an extraordinary or severe medical situation.