A Piece of the Pie
The City’s piece of the pie.
As a homeowner, one of your largest expenses may be your annual property tax bill, which makes it important that you understand where your dollars are going. Property owners may think the total property tax bill is collected by the City where they reside. This is only partially true.
A home valued at $500,000 will have a property tax bill as follows:
|Estimated Home Value||$500,000.00|
|Per $1000 Assessed Value||500.00|
|Total Levy Rate||$13.26|
|Total Prop Tax Bill||$6,629.61|
|11% to City of Normandy Park||$730.60|
|89% to Other Taxing Districts||$5,899.02|
A large portion, 89% or $5,899.02, is distributed to other taxing districts like Highline School District, State School Fund, or Fire District. The City’s piece of the pie is the remaining 11% or $730.60, which is distributed to the City of Normandy Park used to provide services to the City, which include police, permitting, facilities maintenance, community development, and other functions like administration, finance, and clerk support services.
“As a homeowner…”
Jennifer Ferrer-Santa Ines, Finance Director
City of Normandy Park
801 SW 174th Street
Normandy Park, WA 98166
(206) 248-8251 (Direct Phone)
Walk into City Hall, or any business, and you are surrounded by Fixed Assets: furniture, computers, equipment, and even company vehicles in the…
The City of Normandy Park will hold a Public Hearing and Workshop for its 2021-2022 Proposed Operating/Capital Biennial Budget on…
Councilmembers met virtually with Staff in April to determine priorities for the 2021-2022 budgetary years. These priorities provide the basis from which each…