4th Avenue SW – ADA Compliant Ramps
January 31, 2020
4th Ave SW from SW 183rd St to SW 192nd St
- 2018 – Normandy Park is awarded grant funding from Washington State Transportation Improvement Board (TIB)
- August/September 2019 – 14 ADA compliant ramps were installed to meet the requirements of accepting TIB funding prior to road resurfacing.
- October 2019 – 7 new catch basins were installed to meet the maintenance standards set forth by the Department of Ecology.
- November 2019 – Surface preparation to fix cracks, areas of inadequate support, and deformations in the road were repaired to prepare a structurally sound base which is a prerequisite of a final grind and overlay. Surface preparation does not address flow lines for stormwater conveyance.
- February/March 2020 – Highline Water District replaced sections of water main ahead of the final overlay.
- March 2020 – Normandy Park Public Works Crew installed 3 new catch basins to meet the maintenance standards set forth by the Department of Ecology.
- April 13, 2020 – King County is slated to complete the final stage of the 4th Ave SW overlay project beginning Monday, April 13th. Expect lane closures on 4th Ave SW between SW Normandy Road and Normandy Park Drive SW. Construction is scheduled for 7 working days and may be delayed due to weather.