Finance Director – Job Opening
Description and Job Summary
You can travel across this country and not find a more gorgeous setting than Normandy Park. A coastal community sitting along the Puget Sound halfway between Seattle and Tacoma. Normandy Park has a Council-Manager form of government and provides its citizens with a full range of services. City’s departments include City Manager’s office, City Clerk, Community Development, Parks, Preschool, Finance, Police, and Public Works. The city’s total budget for 2023 is $13.6 million. The city has almost 32 FTEs, including eleven uniformed police officers. Normandy Park takes great pride in its law enforcement team and low crime rate.
The Finance Director serves as the City’s Chief Financial Officer by planning, organizing, maintaining, and directing all activities of the Finance Department to ensure efficiency and compliance with federal, state, and local laws, regulations, policies, and procedures, and Generally Accepted Accounting Procedures (GAAP). The city’s Finance department operates with three FTEs responsible for all accounting functions, including but not limited to; general accounting, accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, cash management, purchasing, auditing, investing, budgeting, and financial reporting.
- A bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, or a comparable discipline.
- Five years of progressively responsible public management experience in a similar municipal organization, including supervisory responsibility, is required.
- Candidates with equivalent education and experience that provide the necessary knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job requirements will be considered.
- Municipal experience is preferred
- Medical (100% premium coverage for employees & 95% premium coverage for dependents), including Vision
- Dental Insurance coverage for employee and dependents
- Long-term Disability Insurance
- Paid vacation, sick, and holiday days
- 11 designated paid holidays and one floating paid holiday per year
- City contribution into a Health HRA VEBA Account.
- Participation in the State of Washington Public Employee Retirement System
- Voluntary participation – deferred compensation plan and life insurance
How to Apply
Resumes must be accompanied by a cover letter and a completed and signed City of Normandy Park employment application, or they will not be considered. The first review deadline is February 12th by 11:59 pm. The position will stay open until filled. Please email or mail application packets, including NP application, resume, and cover letter, to Brooks Wall, City Clerk email: firstname.lastname@example.org; City of Normandy Park; 801 SW 174th Street, Normandy Park, WA 98166. EOE.
If you have any questions on the application process or position information, please get in touch with Brooks Wall using the email address listed above or call 206-248-8248. EOE.