PUBLIC WORKS DEPARTMENT
Public Works Maintenance Worker I
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Work Function: Entry level position that requires various skills to troubleshoot, maintain, and repair parks, streets, and surface water facilities. Perform other special projects and duties as
- High School diploma or G.E.D.
- Possess, or have the ability to secure, a valid State of Washington Driver’s License and a driving record free of significant moving violations.
- Operate and use hand and power tools for maintenance and construction activities.
- Performs heavy manual labor for extended periods of time under dirty and uncomfortable situations.
- Lifts up to 100 pounds.
Work is primarily performed outdoors in all types of weather.
If you have any questions, please contact Brooks Wall at firstname.lastname@example.org.
First Application Review is Thursday, September 3 with interviews being conducted
the week of September 8th-11th. Initial interviews will be held remotely using Zoom.
The City of Normandy Park offers a comprehensive benefits package including:
- 12 paid holidays per year (10 holidays + 2 floating holidays)
- 8 hours of accrued sick leave each month
- 8 hours of accrued vacation each month (accruals increase with the length of employment)
- Medical (100% premium coverage for employees & 95% premium coverage for dependents)
- Dental Insurance coverage for employee and dependents (100% premium coverage for employees & 95% premium coverage for dependents)
- Vision Insurance coverage
- Long-term Disability Insurance
- Participation in State Public Employee Retirement System
- Participation in a Health HRA VEBA Account – City will contribute $100 or $150 (based on medical plan choice)
- Voluntary participation – Deferred compensation plan, ICMA, and flexible spending account(FSA)
This position is a union position covered by Teamsters Local 763