Public Works Supervisor Position – OPEN
Responsible for supervising and managing maintenance operations for the City’s buildings, stormwater facilities, streets, and parks. Assign, direct, and inspect work performed on streets, parks, and storm drainage systems by Public Works personnel. Supervise all contracted construction projects and conducts right-of-way, storm drain, and overlay inspections. Performs other special projects and duties as required.
- Associate’s Degree in Civil Engineering Technology, or two years of college-level course work in engineering and construction technology, or any combination of experience that would provide the application with the desired skills, knowledge, and ability required to perform the work.
- Familiarity with WSDOT/APWA Standards and their application
- Minimum of four years of public works and/or parks maintenance, repair, and construction experience.
- A combination of equivalent education and experience may be substituted.
- Possess, or have the ability to secure a valid State of Washington Driver’s License and a driving record free of significant moving violations.
- CDL Class B endorsement
- Valid Washington State Traffic Control Flagger card or ability to obtain within three months.
- Valid First Aid/CPR Certification or ability to obtain within three months.
- Full-time salaried position in the Teamsters Union Local 763
Employment Benefits Offered
- Salary Range – $7,333-$9,368 (This range is based on a step schedule)
- Medical (100% premium coverage for employees & 95% premium coverage for dependents), including Vision.
- Dental Insurance coverage for employees and dependents
- Long-term Disability Insurance
- Vacation and Sick Accruals and designated paid holidays throughout the year.
- Health HRA VEBA Acct- City contribution of $100/$182 per month, depending on which medical plan is chosen.
- Participation in the State of Washington Public Employee Retirement System.
This position will remain open until filled. Please submit all application materials, including a cover letter, resume, and Normandy Park application, by Sunday, January 23rd, at 11:59 pm to be considered during the first review of applicants. Interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. After January 23rd, applications will be reviewed individually until the position is filled. The complete job description and application form are available on the city homepage at: www.normandyparkwa.gov.
For questions, clarifications, or other information, please contact Brooks Wall at 206-248-8248. Before employment, a criminal history background check and reference checks will be conducted. The City of Normandy Park is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains policies for a drug-free and smoke-free work environment.
Cover letter, resume, and completed job application should be emailed to Brooks Wall at email@example.com or mailed to the address below:
City of Normandy Park – 801 SW 174th Street, Normandy Park, WA 98166