As of March 26, 2020, Normandy Park’s Permit Center is closed for permit applications and issuance, except to serve those functions that are consistent with Governor Jay Inslee’s “Stay Home, Stay Healthy” order. Inspections will also only be performed for those functions that are consistent with the governor’s order. The City of Normandy Park is complying with the order by responding to questions online or by phone between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. each day. Applications for certain permits may be conducted online, as described below.
Online Resources for Permits
Permit applications may be submitted via email at email@example.com.
The following permits can be emailed for processing:
• Building permits for new single family or commercial structures (including multifamily residential structures)
• Commercial Tenant Improvement permits
• Demolition—commercial and residential
• Re-roof permits—commercial and residential
• Mechanical permits
• Plumbing permits
• Electrical permits
For Land Use questions, please email Holly Keeton at firstname.lastname@example.org
In lieu of an online payment system, the City will accept payments via mail or City Hall dropbox.
Welcome to the Community Development department. We promote community and environmental quality through land use planning and permitting.
Staff members are available to assist with permit applications and to answer questions about zoning and land use Monday – Thursday between 1:00-4:00pm. Zoning or permit-related questions can be left at (206) 248-8260 or email@example.com.
- “Over-the-Counter” Permits: We accept applications for and issue over-the-counter permits (plumbing, mechanical, electrical) Monday – Friday between 8:30am-noon & 1:00-4:00pm. Permit applications are available on the wall rack across from the Permit Counter in City Hall. Permit applications also are available on the City’s website and may be printed out; permit applications cannot be filed online.
- Other Permits and Land Use Applications: As of January 1, 2020, appointments are required for the submittal of non-over-the-counter permits. Planning staff is available for land use questions Monday – Thursday between 1:00-4:00pm.
- Inspections: Inspections for building, mechanical, plumbing and electrical permits are scheduled through the City of Burien by calling the inspection line (206) 248-5525.
Community Development Director