Welcome to the Community Development department. We promote community and environmental quality through land use planning and permitting.

Staff members are available to assist with permit applications and to answer questions about zoning and land use. Planning staff also responds to written inquiries about these subjects, and about zoning code enforcement issues. Zoning or permit-related questions can be left at (206) 248-8260 or permits@normandyparkwa.gov.

Permit Center Information:

  • “Over-the-Counter” Permits: We accept applications for and issue over-the-counter permits (plumbing, mechanical, electrical) during City Hall hours. Permit applications are available on the wall rack across from the Permit Counter in City Hall. Permit applications also are available on the City’s website and may be printed out; permit applications cannot be filed online.
  • Other Permits and Land Use Applications: We accept applications during City Hall hours.
  • Inspections: Inspections for building, mechanical, plumbing and electrical permits are scheduled through the City of Burien by calling the inspection line (206) 248-5525.

Contact Us:

Holly Keeton

Community Development Director

(206) 248-8253



Ashleigh Williams

Assistant Planner

(206) 248-8260



Brad Pihlstorm

Building Inspector

(206) 812-4729


Dan Cruz

Electrical Inspector

(206) 439-3157


Steven Blake

Building Official

(206) 248-5523