Select Page

City Administration

No Results Found

The page you requested could not be found. Try refining your search, or use the navigation above to locate the post.

City Manager

The City of Normandy Park operates as a council-manager form of government. The City Manager serves as the professional administrator of the City and is responsible for coordinating all day-to-day operations. To learn more about Council-Manager form of government you might want to read the ICMA Council-Manager Form of Government brochure.

Duties of the City Manager’s Office

City Clerk

The City Clerk’s Office is responsible for maintaining the city’s official documents which include ordinances, resolutions, and all meeting minutes. A majority of time is spent providing various administrative support functions at City Hall such as coordinating City Council agendas, preparation of the City Council meeting packets, and transcribing minutes for City Council meetings.

    Duties of the City Clerk’s Office

    Request City Assistance

    The City of Normandy Park provides customer service that is responsive. This service allows residents and businesses to submit requests for help with services provided by the City staff.

    Please note this is for NON-EMERGENCY purposes only.

    The Citizens Request Form is available at City Hall or you can download the Request Form here. Bring the form to City Hall or email the form to the City Clerk.

    For additional information or questions about the Request Form please contact the City Clerk.


    Business Licensing

    Anyone conducting business in the city limits of Normandy Park is required to apply for a business license prior to doing business in the city by submitting the appropriate applications and fees.

      License Required For

      All Commercial Businesses
      Adult Family Homes
      Home Occupation (Type I)
      Property Managers
      Home Occupation (Type II)
      Delivered Goods

      Obtaining a Business License

      Business Licenses Applications can be obtained through the Washington State Department of Revenue. To start or renew your Normandy Park business license please visit the Washington State Department of Revenue

      Home Occupation applications will be processed through the City of Normandy Park Department of Community Development. Applicants will need to submit a verified statement that they are the property owner or have consent from the property owner to do business out of the home and property and/or legal description of the site with their business license application and the appropriate fees. Home Occupation Type II applicants will also need to submit mailing labels for property owners within a 300-foot radius of the property. The Community Development Director will make the final determination as to whether a Business License applicant has completed their application appropriately. Information on Home Occupations can be found in the Municipal Code section 18.200.

      For further questions, contact the City Clerk.

      Application Fees

      City license Fee

      • Normandy Park general business license $86
      • Normandy Park nonprofit business license No fee
      • Normandy Park home occupation type I business license $207
      • Normandy Park home occupation type II business license $336

      Other fees that may apply

      • State tax registration No fee
      • Registering your business name as trade name $5
      • Business License Application fee $19 (non-refundable)

      City Administration News

      Weekly Report – October 15, 2021

      The City Council has approved a new set of goals. The purpose of these goals is to ensure our hidden gem provides the highest quality of life, public safety, recreation, history…

      Weekly Report – October 9, 2021

      It’s back!  After over a year of hiatus due to Covid, we are happy to bring back “Coffee with a Cop.”  On Saturday, October 23rd, from 9:00-11:00 am,…

      Weekly Report – October 1, 2021

      Update on the City Council discussion regarding Goals – On Tuesday, September 28th, the City Council continued its discussion regarding goals.


      Amy Arrington
      City Manager
      (206) 248-8246

      Brooks Wall
      City Clerk
      (206) 248-8248

      Common Questions

      What is the value of your tax dollar

      In an attempt to demonstrate the real value of a Normandy Park resident's tax dollar, let us use the following example:

      Assessed Valuation of Home = $600,000 To determine property tax liability, divide the assessed valuation by 1,000 then, multiply by the effective property tax rate:
      $600,000/1,000 = $600.00 $600.00 x 10.39325 = $6,235.95

      The City’s share of the $6,235.95 is $589.50

      Read entire document

      What you should know about Disaster Assistance

      Frequently Asked Questions about Disaster Assistance Things you ought to know, but probably do not want to know! My house is damaged by a natural disaster...

      Read entire document

      Do I live within the Normandy Park city limits

      There are a couple of ways you can determine whether or not you live within the Normandy Park city limits. You can open this PDF of the Normandy Park city map or the latest King County rendering of the city map, and locate your home or street.