Purchasing a license and attaching it to your pet’s collar is one of the most important things you can do as a responsible pet owner. Displaying a current license tag on your pet’s collar makes it easy to locate a lost pet’s information quickly. It could be your pet’s ticket home, and it’s also the law. Licensing required for all dogs six months and older residing in the City of Normandy Park.
Normandy Park Municipal Code (NPMC) 6.04.020 requires all dogs over six months of age kept within the city to be licensed through the City of Normandy Park. A dog license is valid for one year from the date of issuance, expiring on the last day of the twelfth month. City residents 65 years of age or older may purchase a special permanent license for the lifetime of a spayed/neutered pet for which they are the registered owner. To determine if you live with the Normandy Park city limits read the Animal Services Questions (FAQs).
Complete animal regulations are online in NPMC Title 6.
Pet License Fees
*New rates effective January 1, 2022*
- $22 Dog/Cat – spayed or neutered
- $68 Dog/Cat – male or female
- $22 Senior Citizen (65 and over) Lifetime Pet License
- $13 – Late fee
- $5 – Replacement tag
Contact Shelly Bedingfield for additional information.
This information is intended to provide basic information regarding animal control laws and services within the city limits of Normandy Park. For more information or to request services please contact the police department.
Services Provided by Animal Control
- Animal cruelty investigations
- Educational information about pets and pet ownership
- Impoundment of stray animals
- Nuisance animal complaint investigations
- Rescue of sick or injured animals
- Humane trapping of nuisance domesticated animals
- Enforcement of animal control laws
- Referral to other animal service agencies