The Public Works Department provides maintenance of the infrastructure for the City. Their work projects include the construction and maintenance of all aspects of the street systems; work includes filling potholes, trimming trees in the right-of-way, storm drainage, street lighting, sidewalks, and snow and ice removal. The Public Works staff is also responsible for maintaining and improving the City parks, performing facility maintenance and improvements, and assisting with many other miscellaneous services for City Staff.
The Public Works Department consists of divisions:
- Park Maintenance
- Surface Water / Stormwater
Urban areas, including Normandy Park, that collect stormwater runoff in municipal storm sewers and discharge it to surface waters are required to prepare and submit a permit under the Federal Clean Water Act.
This permit – called the National Pollution Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) Phase II Municipal Stormwater Permit – mandates Normandy Park create and implement a Stormwater Management Program (SWMP) and submit an annual report. Normandy Park’s SWMP goal is to protect water quality by reducing the discharge of pollutants from the City’s Municipal Separate Storm Sewer System (MS4) to the maximum extent practicable.
The SWMP includes:
- Public education and outreach
- Public involvement and participation
- Runoff control from new development, redevelopment and construction sites
- Illicit discharge detection and elimination
- Pollution prevention
- Operations and maintenance
Click link above to review information on the following reports:
- City’s Stormwater Management Program
- The Annual Report for the Municipal Stormwater Permit
- Normandy Park Road Standards, and more….