Recycle your computers, monitors, and televisions for free
A free recycling program for computers, monitors, and TVs is now available through the E-Cycle Washington program. This program allows residents to take their old electronic devices to be recycled without having to pay a fee. The City recycling events will still be held in May and September but they will not accept computers, monitors, and TV’s. These items can be recycled at several local E-Cycle centers. Find a list of collection locations at The Department of Ecology or call 1-800-recycle. Please note that computer peripherals such as keyboards, mice, and printers are not included in this program.
Semi-annual Community Recycling Events
The City of Normandy Park and City of Burien has a spring and fall community recycling event. Items that are collected typically include electronics, computer equipment, television sets, tires, batteries, cardboard, propane tanks, porcelain toilets, and sinks, refrigerators, freezers, air conditioners, appliances and scrap metal, mattresses and box springs, styrofoam, and document shredding. Recycled plastic compost bins, worm bins, and rain barrels are also for sale at these events.
April 24, 2021, Recycling Event Flyer
Click on the links below to learn how you can help save our environment?
- Washington State Recycling Association
- For information about transfer stations, garbage pickup, where to recycle, or related information, please visit the King County Solid Waste Division website.
- The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) site with information about all solid waste, hazardous and radioactive waste.
- The Keep America Beautiful site for adults and children
- Dispose of household waste properly – Local Hazardous Waste Management Program in King County.
- The National Recycling Coalition: Information on how you and our planet can benefit from recycling.
- The Polystyrene Packaging Council
- King County Repair It programs are free community repair events.
- The King County Wastemobile travels to communities to provide hazardous waste disposal services for King County residents and qualifying businesses.