Office of the City Manager
City Manager Amy Arrington
The City is looking for your Feedback
In August, a proposition needed to fund the construction of a proposed Civic Center failed. To help us better understand the “why” behind your vote, whether you supported or opposed it, we are asking residents to take a brief survey on this issue. The gathered information will be presented to the City Council for review. Your participation is essential and will help us determine and communicate a plan moving forward. If you have any questions or would rather fill out a paper survey, please contact me.
Nature Trails Planting & Reforestation Work Party
Join EarthCorps and the City of Normandy Park on Sunday, November 20th, from 10:00 am to 1:00 pm as we work to restore Nature Trails Park. Nature Trails Park is centrally located and features seven acres of wetland, a trail system, and a rain garden. Please register in advance through the EarthCorps website. We’ll see you there!
Winter is Coming – Be Prepared
As the weather has finally started to change, we want to remind you to take steps to protect your house and yourself before cold weather hits. Many groups provide a variety of informational tips, including:
- Buy your snow shovel now.
- Keep water and canned food on hand, just in case.
- Clean your gutters and downspouts now.
- Replace the filter in your furnace.
- Have your chimneys and woodstoves cleaned.
Just google “winterize your house” for many more suggestions.
Mark your Calendar for Winterfest
Join the fun! On Saturday, December 3rd, Normandy Park is celebrating its 10th Annual Winterfest. Here is the festive event schedule:
- 11:00 am to 1:00 pm – Visit the QFC at Manhattan Village for Santa photos, carolers, and fun family activities!
- 4:00 pm to 7:00 pm – Visit Normandy Park Towne Center (in front of Normandy Park Ale House) to enjoy free Santa hats, prizes, and arts & crafts! Plus – holiday gift vendors, food/beverages, and SNOW! In addition, here is more detail about the activities at Towne Center:
- 4:00 pm to 5:15 pm – A real reindeer from Cougar Mountain Zoo
- 5:30 pm – Tree Lighting Countdown with a special guest from KOMO TV
- 5:35 pm – Santa makes his Rock Star entrance in an amazing motorcade
- 5:40 pm to 7:00 pm – Live holiday dance and choir performances
Also, if you’re interested in being an event volunteer, please email email@example.com.
If you have any questions, please get in touch with me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Have a great week!
” Join the fun! On Saturday, December 3rd, Normandy Park is celebrating…”
Amy Arrington, City Manager
City of Normandy Park
801 SW 174th Street
Normandy Park, WA 98166
(206) 248-8246 (Direct Phone)
Normandy Park Housing Survey Live
Help Us Look Ahead to Normandy Park in 2044! Communities across Washington state are continuing their journeys through the 2024 Comprehensive Plan Update. The Normandy Park 2044: Housing Survey presents an opportunity for community residents to give us their insights on the topic of housing, issues of residency, affordability, economic displacement, and our role in the region. Answers will be used to envision housing options in Normandy Park that are assets to the community, comforting to long-time residents, and welcoming to new families and individuals.
Join the Normandy Park Police, along with some of your neighbors, for Coffee with a Cop. We encourage you to come and gather with local law enforcement agencies for coffee and conversation. No agenda or speeches, just a chance to ask questions, voice your concerns, and get to know your community police officers.
City Council Meeting Roundup
On Tuesday, February 13th, the City Council had its regular monthly meeting. To help keep you informed, here are the meeting highlights.
Chief Dan Yourkoski administered the Ceremonial Oath to Police Officer Malcolm Lee.