2021 Stormwater Drainage Improvement Projects
This project consists of construction of storm improvements at various locations throughout Normandy Park. The work includes new catch basins, pipe, ditch regrading, and an infiltration trench. In addition, the Project also includes the construction of a concrete block retaining wall to stabilize a slide area on Sylvester Road, and an ADA compliant ramp on SW Shorebrook Drive. Other work includes saw cutting, HMA pavement patches, demolition, haul, disposal, surface restoration, erosion control, and temporary traffic control. All work is being done in advance of the 2021 King County Overlay.
Thank you in advance for your patience and cooperation. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Public Works Director Ken Courter (206) 248-8269 or Environmental Specialist Jessie Medrow (206) 248-8256.
- Work is slated to begin July 6, 2021. Full plans available here.
- July 19 – July 30th – The contractor, Iron Creek Construction, will be installing stormwater infrastructure at SW 184th St, SW 183rd St, and Shorebrook Dr.
- July 6, 2021 – Work is slated to begin with a completion timeline of 30 working days (mid August)
- June 16, 2021 – Pre Construction Meeting with contractor and utilities.
- April 28, 2021 – Bid Opening Scheduled for 1:00pm at Normandy Park City Hall
- SW 189th Pl (East of 4th Ave SW)
- SW 184th St and 2nd Ave SW (East of 4th Ave SW)
- SW 183rd St (East of 4th Ave SW)
- SW Shorebrook Dr (West of 12th Ave SW)
- Sylvester Rd SW
- SW 170th St and 12th Pl SW
Expected Start Date:
Expected Completion: Date:
Actual Start Date:
Tuesday, July 6, 2021
Actual Completion Date:
Public Works Director